Friday, October 3, 2008

I love my "Hot Wife"

Chelsea has picked up a nickname that started with some of my co-workers. One day I was hanging up the phone after talking with Chelsea. A co-worker asked who I was talking to and I replied, "My Hot Wife." From that moment on, the nickname stuck. It didn't take long for other female workers to hear what I called Chelsea and ask me how my "Hot Wife" is doing. If they see me hang up the phone, often they will ask if I was talking with "Hot Wife."


I called home tonight to talk with my family and say goodnight to the kids before they headed off to bed. I talked with Jackson while he updated me on what the tooth fairy brought him last night, on his day at school, on how he is taking care of his younger brother and sister and on being a good son.
If Jackson were an animal, he may well be a parrot. A neighbor of ours use to call Jackson a parrot in Spanish because he started talking so young and was able to repeat any word and annunciate it very well.
Well, he has evidently heard me call Chelsea my "Hot Wife" because after he said goodnight to me on the phone tonight, he asked me, "Do you want to speak with your Hot Wife?"
I told him I REALLY wanted to speak with my "Hot Wife" and asked him to scurry off to bed. I couldn't help but laugh as he handed Chelsea the phone. I love my Hot Wife...and my children know it.

4 comments:

Luv2run said...

I love the picture. I love the posting about Chelsea. Can't wait to see you tomorrow Chelsea!!!

:-)

9 of Us said...

Awww, how sweet! Mushy, but sweet. :)

Smedley Family said...

lol jackson!!!

Andy and Lynne said...

hey ryan,
how funny to run into each other after all of these years! chelsea looks the same as i remember when you two were dating and yes, you have a 'hot wife'
i scrolled down to your first post and noticed you work for kiddie kandids, i too worked for them, they wanted me to manage the cottonwood mall store but we moved back to rexburg so andy could go to isu. i actually do photography on my own now, there is a link to my photo blog, off of my family blog.
your family is very cute, i am happy to see that you are doing good and that you are sooo in love with your wife! :)
lynne